- Tier 1 Editing. This type of editing ensures correct grammar usage, correct spelling, punctuation, and basic word usage.
- Tier 2 Editing: In addition to everything included from Tier 1, this tier is more extensive and ensures clear sentence structure; logical ordering of sentences within paragraphs; concise and readable writing; and smooth transitions between paragraphs.
- Tier 3 Editing. This is the most extensive editing service I offer. In addition to everything included from Tiers 1 and 2, it is a more collaborative process with a focus on the overall structure of your writing. With a Tier 3 edit, I give you feedback and make amendments to your writing based on broader structural concerns. For example, overall organization of writing, clarity of argument(s), and development of writing.
I am also able to add any of the following services to any of the tiers:
- Journal article formatting. For example, to style guide requirements.
- Writing that uses appropriate methodological and statistical language.
- Translating academic research findings into accessible writing for non-academic audiences. For example, for a policy report, non-academic publication, or even a blog post.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why hire an individual instead of going through an online editing company? When you work with me you know exactly who edits your work! Online editing companies use editors with varying credentials who have a range of editing abilities, and you aren’t able to choose who you work with. When you choose to work with me you know the caliber of service you will be receiving and I am here to support you one-on-one.
- How many hours does it take to edit a manuscript? A Tier 1 edit of a 10,000 word manuscript takes approximately 6 hours. A Tier 2 edit of a manuscript of the same length takes approximately 8 hours. The time required for a Tier 3 edit varies because it is collaborative so please inquire for more information about this option.
- Which type of editing should I choose? I offer complimentary consultations where I read your work and make recommendations about the level of editing required to make your writing the best it can be.
- How does the editing process work? I offer two options. The first option is Microsoft Word’s “Track Changes” feature, which allows me to write comments or questions in the margins and make edits throughout. When you receive your edited document back from me, you will be able to accept or reject each of the changes. The second option is Overleaf’s “Track Changes” feature. It works very similarly to Microsoft Word but offers an online platform so you can see my changes in real time.
- What is your hourly rate? I charge $60/hour, irrespective of editing complexity. For writing services, I charge $75/hour.
Get in Touch
Reach out for a complimentary consultation so we can discuss your project needs: email@example.com
Alternatively, please provide details of the service(s) you are interested in here